Some random suggestions

• Regional Moderator

1. The launcher window's name is MainWindow
    2. It doesn't work well with low resolutions, the window isn't scalable. So it takes too much space on my screen (1366x768), it would be even better to make it fullscreen, but I can't. Also there's a minor bug: if you change your screen resolution to the lower one (so the launcher window size will be smaller) and back, it will keep being small.
    3. We want to translate it to other languages - maybe upload a stringtable on Google Docs, so we can edit it everytime something new is added? It was a nice feature of the original launcher.
    4. If you select a game you just clicked on again, it will be reverified once more even it happened 5 secs ago - well, if it's really necessary, maybe make verifying files a part of the play button, and if not, make verifying files an optional feature which is enabled by default? You don't always want to reverify them 10 times a day

• VIP

@koffey said in Some random suggestions:

1. The launcher window's name is MainWindow

habit of not having window titles on taskbar 😂

1. It doesn't work well with low resolutions, the window isn't scalable. So it takes too much space on my screen (1366x768), it would be even better to make it fullscreen, but I can't. Also there's a minor bug: if you change your screen resolution to the lower one (so the launcher window size will be smaller) and back, it will keep being small.

WPF design is a real pain, even if I make it fullscreen-able, it'll keep the items at the same place, I really can't be bothered to make it scalable, I might make a lowres option that has a new design completely. But that'll only come after my big refactor.

1. We want to translate it to other languages - maybe upload a stringtable on Google Docs, so we can edit it everytime something new is added? It was a nice feature of the original launcher.

Planned, although I'll be using a new method of localization, which is much cleaner. It'll use microsoft's resource file format which can be opened by any xml editor. I can set up a collaborative editor if and when needed so that people can edit them.

1. If you select a game you just clicked on again, it will be reverified once more even it happened 5 secs ago - well, if it's really necessary, maybe make verifying files a part of the play button, and if not, make verifying files an optional feature which is enabled by default? You don't always want to reverify them 10 times a day

I originally didn't think that the form was completely unloaded from memory every time you switch to it, I'll have to look into ways of keeping it in memory, or just remembering the last time the game was verified... Something will be done about it for sure.

• Project Moderator

I think making it fullscreen is a good idea. Shows some kind of behind the curtain seriosity to the project, if you will.

• VIP

@cap-mactavish as in completely fullscreen or maximised window?

• Project Moderator

Maximized window

• VIP

As I said, scaling is strange...