How to play with bots / How to install Bot Warfare

Topic created · 7 Posts · 339 Views
  • t4mp_ID_ICON1-2.png

This tutorial will show how to play with bots on Plutonium IW5 using the Bot Warfare mod.
    Whether you're trying to play solo with bots, a custom game with friends with bots or host a dedicated server with bots this guide will guide you through it.

Please take a look at the FAQ at the bottom before asking for something

alt text

The mod can either be loaded manually or automatically on each launch.
    Automatic loading is only for custom games and your own dedicated server if you have any. It won't affect the servers you join.
    If you plan on playing with the mod a lot or if you plan on playing with friends with this mod you should choose the automatic loading installation method.
    If you choose manual loading you will have to load the mod with a command every time you want to play it and you had closed your game before (or loaded another mod)

How to install Bot Warfare | Manual loading

1. Go to the Bot Warfare repository for IW5
    2. Click on the green Code button then click on Download ZIP
    3. Extract the piw5_bot_warfare-master folder inside the downloaded ZIP file anywhere on your PC
    4. In the extracted folder go in the out folder and run install.bat. Press any key when it's done to close it

How to install Bot Warfare | Automatic loading

1. Follow steps 1 to 3 from the Manual loading instructions above
    2. In the extracted folder go in the out folder and right click on install.bat and click Edit
      In the opened notepad delete everything and paste this then save and close the notepad
    xcopy ..\raw "%LOCALAPPDATA%"\Plutonium\storage\iw5\ /Y /S /E /I
    pause

1. Run install.bat. Press any key when it's done to close it

How to play in solo with bots

1. (For Manual loading install only) Open the console and type /fs_game "mods/bots" to load the mod
    2. Create a private match
    3. Configure the game to your liking and start the match

How to play with friends with bots

1. The host has to install the mod with the Automatic loading method. People connecting don't have to install the mod at all but they can if they want to play solo
    2. Start a private game like you would without the mod. Follow the custom game guide

How to host a dedicated server with bots

Work in progress

Frequently asked questions

Q: How do I use the mod?
    A: Open the Bot Warfare menu to configure and add bots.
    Alternatively you can type /bot 17 in the console to add bots.
    Replace 17 by the number of bots you want.

Q: How do I rename bots? (manual loading)
    A: Make sure your game is closed and go in %localappdata%\Plutonium\storage\iw5\mods\bots
    Open z_svr_bots.iwd with an archive software like 7-Zip or WinRaR.
    Then open bots.txt, change the values and save once you're done. One line is one bot name.

Q: How do I rename bots? (automatic loading)
    A: Make sure your game is closed and go in %localappdata%\Plutonium\storage\iw5\
    Open bots.txt, change the values and save once you're done. One line is one bot name.

Q: Why are the bots not moving?
    A: You either didn't install the mod or you didn't load it. Read the instructions again

• @lResxt which folder do i need to extract?

• @oofnuts_ Did you read the instructions? Download the ZIP file and extract the folder in it, I even gave the name, there is only one?e5336fc2-66a5-4e07-bc0c-6ed59fe8a36f-image.png

• @lResxt need help. There's no release package. the green [Code] just gives you the raw filesaa90c3a9-cd12-40db-8d4c-aa14548f4842-image.png

• @Nevetsky I never mentioned any release package. Read the guide again it cannot be clearer

• I have done this and the bots are working but no gun attachments are showing up, suggestions?

• @Di3tySrijxn06 I don't know what you're talking about. Can you be clearer?