A "remastered patch" for the Call of Duty: World at War default four zombie maps: Nacht Der Untoten, Verrückt, Shi No Numa, and Der Riese. The aim of this project is to be a more polished "alternate" vanilla with each map feeling more consistent with bug fixes, quality-of-life tweaks, new features, and re-added cut content. This mod is not trying to overhaul everything to feel completely new or foreign.
It would take too long to list the hundreds of changes, even the GitHub is incomplete (for now), but here is a quick rundown:
Bug Fixes/Smoother Gameplay
- Wunderwaffe zap glitch fixed
- Fixed all issues with FPS effecting the speed at which fx/sounds would play or loop at
- Various scripting bugs/issues fixed, whether they had to do with characters, perks, the box, sounds, health, etc.
- Adjusted melee dvars for smoother knifing
- 24 cap removed on solo (toggleable)
- "Sticky" zombies disabled (toggleable)
- Working solo Quick Revive (toggleable)
- Deployable bipod zone on Verrückt in the BAR room
- Shi No Numa swampy perk machine textures
- Der Riese has a cut radio and new Easter Egg voicelines after teleporting, getting powerups, or after reading the Teddy chalk while scoped in
- Cut voicelines all from the game files (both new categories and unheard lines from existing categories)
- Weapons from Multiplayer/Campaign dispersed throughout maps (including Type 99, DP-28, scoped rifles, other pistols, sticky grenades, smoke grenades, and more)
- All maps use updated scripting, fx, and other innovations from Der Riese onwards to improve the experience. However, each map still maintains a unique identity--Nacht still uses the old zombie sounds etc.
- All maps have more consistent weapon loadouts all using the same stats and textures
Cool New Stuff
- Nacht Der Untoten Marines now use generic voiceover from the campaign files (Toggleable)
- Achievement notifications from console
- Easter Egg quest on Shi No Numa and Der Riese
- Easter Egg song added to Nacht
- Zombies can now spawn with random assortments of body gear or headwear
- Updated many HUD elements and shaders to look more polished/modern while staying true to the WAW art style
- Plutonium overwrites some of the menu and lobby functionality, and this mod was designed for the Vanilla version. If you come across any issues with these new Plutonium features running my mod, that is why--however, it is still fully playable.
- The .zip download contains folders for each map with a compiled mod.ff and .iwd. The filesize is so large because the mod contains many updated textures, models, and audio (remastered Easter Egg songs--you can delete these music .iwds if you wish)
Source Code / More info: https://github.com/JBShady/COD5-Remastered
See "Releases" tab for link & installation instructions--they're normal mods you place in same spot as custom maps and no need for T4M when using Plutonium
i followed all the proper steps to install for plutonium, and it worked... kind of. i can not play anything, since i start each match with a weapon model going through my head. basic scripts replace the map name, location and date.
i don't think i did anything wrong, so i'm unsure if there's anything that somehow slipped
user error, tested with pluto it and it works on solo and co-op. however the restart game functionality probably still attempts to use vanilla's code because this wasn't coded for pluto so that's why it may kick you from the lobby after death not sure if it does