Voting improvements

• Regional Moderator

Feature: Improve the in-built voting system by adding more features.
    Description: The voting system should be improved by:

1. Add: "Change Gamemode" because there is no way to change the current gamemode.
    2. Rename: "Next Map" to "Change Map" because it doesn't let you to set the next map in the server's rotation list, the server changes it immediately.
    3. Add: "Next Map" because there should an option to change the next map in the server's rotation list, so noone's gained XP will be reset and the game can be ended as it should be.
    4. Remove: An ability to kick yourself.
    5. Add: An ability to disallow voting for something specific like changing the current gamemode if the server is Infected only.
    6. Add: An ability to vote for the next map after the game ended if the server you're playing on has no rotation list.* (its very questionable; maybe it would be better to let users to create such mod like it was done in MW2, screenshot is applied)

Motivation: It would be great to see these things done after the most important things such as stability patches released.

Screenshot: (I don't personally like it, but it was okay)
    MW2 Mod Example

• VIP

Wouldn't this all be solved when the matchmaking is in place again?
    I think server owners should be free to configure what maps/gamemodes are running on their servers theirselves.

• Regional Moderator

@thedutchman said in Voting improvements:

Wouldn't this all be solved when the matchmaking is in place again?
    I think server owners should be free to configure what maps/gamemodes are running on their servers theirselves.

It will solve the 6th point only, because there is map voting in the menu

Yeah, that's why I wrote that they should be able to disallow specific votings ("like changing the current gamemode if the server is Infected only."). Let server owners set everything, but if players do really want to change the map, then why not. For example, at RepZ MW2 servers I saw how people were mass-migrating to other servers because of the set map

• Project Admin

Seems like something that would be better suited as an LUA mod for at the end of games.

• Regional Moderator

@tiny-rick said in Voting improvements:

Seems like something that would be better suited as an LUA mod for at the end of games.

I agree with that, especially a mod for voting for the next map after the match finished would be great :P
    But what about the other points? I think that they will nicely fit the in-built voting system

• • better do a thing like in iw4x a 'party mode'? Classic voting 2 maps and one random

Looks like your connection to Plutonium Project was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.