Server lists and VPN

• Hey guys,

When I load PlutoMW3 without a VPN, I can only see 9 servers on the list, but when I load PlutoMW3 with my VPN active, I can see 21 servers. I have no idea whats causing this. I tried allowing PU.exe, plutonium_iw5mp.exe and plutonium_iw5mp_server.exe to my Firewall exceptions, I tried pinging "backend.plutonium.pw" which worked just fine. Can anyone help me out please? Many thanks in advance :)

• Project Moderator

Make sure your ports are opened router-wise aswell. This definitly sounds like a problem with your router to me.

• Hello w1red,

I opened the following ports on my router and my windows firewall:

TCP: 3074-3075, 3478-3479, 3658, 27014-27050

UDP: 3074-3075, 3478-3479, 3658, 27000-27030

Are there any ports I've missed? Many thanks in advance!

• Bump___________

• Project Moderator

Your router probably shits itself while querying the servers, do you have any P2P applications running in the backgroung?

• Hello Xerxes,

I have a torrent downloader (BitComet) that runs in the background on startup, so to answer your question yes I do. I tried closing the program then running PlutoMW3 but that didn't do anything. I'm guessing I would need to do something else? Sorry I'm not an expert when it comes to network troubleshooting so I would be very thankful if you could tell me. Many thanks,

• Project Moderator

Turn off BitComet and restart your router, after it has rebootet try to start Plutonium again.

• Hello Xerxes,

Sorry for the long reply first of all. I have tried this and I'm still only getting 8/9 servers without the VPN. I have never had this sort of issue on any other IW4/IW5 client. Are there any Pluto-specific ports I've forgot to forward? Many thanks,

• Project Moderator

I got a firmware update on my router at home and it kanked the server list like yours. Came back to uni and now server list works fine and we have same isp so likely the router :/