[T6] Can you change images in the Zombies client?

• I have always wanted the ability to customize the perk shaders in Black Ops 2 zombies, but as there are no mod tools, I cannot do so. After seeing that you managed to allow the ability to make custom maps for IW5 with Plutonium, I was hoping it could be possible for a zombies client that can allow you to make small changes in the files, if not include the ability to make mods for Black Ops 2 zombies. I own BO2 and all the dlc on Steam, not trying to get around playing the zombie maps for free. Just a man with a craze to change Black Ops 2 zombies perk icons for the last 5 years.

Edit: I found some download of Redacted and found a Zombie client, I got my answer. I see a folder called "Plugins", does this mean I can make a plugin that changes the perk shaders? Or change the icons some other way? I know my way around the image file formats BO2 uses, I should be able to make it work as long as I know what file format (dds, iwi or tga) unless if it's ipak, and what to do.

• Project Admin

@erneld said in Can you change images in the Zombies client?:

I have always wanted the ability to customize the perk shaders in Black Ops 2 zombies, but as there are no mod tools, I cannot do so. After seeing that you managed to allow the ability to make custom maps for IW5 with Plutonium, I was hoping it could be possible for a zombies client that can allow you to make small changes in the files, if not include the ability to make mods for Black Ops 2 zombies. I own BO2 and all the dlc on Steam, not trying to get around playing the zombie maps for free. Just a man with a craze to change Black Ops 2 zombies perk icons for the last 5 years.

Edit: I found some download of Redacted and found a Zombie client, I got my answer. I see a folder called "Plugins", does this mean I can make a plugin that changes the perk shaders? Or change the icons some other way? I know my way around the image file formats BO2 uses, I should be able to make it work as long as I know what file format (dds, iwi or tga) unless if it's ipak, and what to do.

You will be able to load custom images.

• Project Moderator

Our god and saviour of cod clients <3

• @prometheus I just lost all of my shit. Literally a dream come true. With the phrasing "will be able to", that means I can't do this right now? If so, I don't mind waiting, you guys are doing fantastic work with Plutonium IW5 and T6 Redacted as well, I'm sure you have a lot to take care of before implementing something as small as the ability to replace images. My only complaint would have to be that I can't find enough people for a full proper game on IW5 PU, I wish it has as many people as IW4X, but with these 3 CoD Clients, old CoD's on PC feels great right about now.

@H3X1C Our lord and savior of CoD Clients indeed.

• Project Moderator

@erneld Sadly not much the devs can do in regards to player base, the community needs to move off tekno gods and steam. The player base just needs a kickstart to get going because atm people check if anyone is on, if not quit. This cycle just repeats.

• Project Admin

Just to note, it's just Plutonium T6, not T6 Redacted, we have nothing to do with Redacted.

• @mr-capslock Oh, sorry for getting the two mixed up. Also, I'm hoping that once we have the ability to play the zombies client of Plutonium T6 and can mod the perk shaders that someone can explain how to mod Plutonium T6.

• Project Admin

@erneld I'm sure people will make some tutorials :)

• @mr-capslock Actually, I have one more question regarding the ability to mod BO2 with Plutonium. How extensively will you be able to mod it? Now that you have custom maps for MW3, does this mean you'll do it for BO2 be able to make custom maps? Since BO3 has a full and superior set of mod tools and the game looks better and you can slide, open door and activate triggers while running, and so on, I kinda of doubt it for zombies, though it would make sense for MP. But would you be able to have mods where you can add and remove weapons in the mystery box, or maybe do something like that mod that adds PhD Flopper to every BO3 map?

Link to the mod I am referencing: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=851895144

That mod quite impressed me and from my understanding you would need to be able to alter the map, and you would need to have created the map to do so, but somehow it's really in Shadows of Evil, and I wish the same could be done with Black Ops 2. Flopper on Die Rise was meant to be. Would this kind of mod be possible in BO2 PU? If it is, I can probably find out how that PhD mod was accomplished and do it my self, while making some other changes such as Stamin Up and Mule Kick (as well as Flopper) in Mob of the Dead. Thank you for your time, I am grateful to have clear insight from the developers of a project being worked on.

• Project Admin

@erneld We can't say at the moment as it's still early days - modding will be limited at the release but hopefully with future updates we can allow more and more modding on both MP and ZM.

• @mr-capslock Thank you for the answers, I look forward to BO2 PU and I hope the development goes smoothly. Good luck!

• Project Admin

@erneld Thank you very much :)