Custom content on loading screens for dedicated server

• Project Moderator

Feature:
    Option to include some custom content on the loading screen of dedicated servers.
    Description:
    There should be an option to add custom content to the loading screen, so servers can be customized even further.
    Motivation:
    This feature should be added to Pluto, so useful content like server rules or stats can be shown on the client while one loads the map.

Possible solutions would be (sorted by estimated difficulty):

• sv_motd like IW4X has it but with some place holders like the map, player count or the player limit.
    • A server banner like the BF series does it.
    • A webpage like GMod does it.

• Personally I'd like it, but this is @Zephyr's territory, so that's up to him.

• @marty I second that.

• Project Admin

@Xerxes said in Custom content on loading screens for dedicated server:

Feature:
    Option to include some custom content on the loading screen of dedicated servers.
    Description:
    There should be an option to add custom content to the loading screen, so servers can be customized even further.
    Motivation:
    This feature should be added to Pluto, so useful content like server rules or stats can be shown on the client while one loads the map.

Possible solutions would be (sorted by estimated difficulty):

• sv_motd like IW4X has it but with some place holders like the map, player count or the player limit.
    • A server banner like the BF series does it.
    • A webpage like GMod does it.

This is definetly possible and sounds like a good idea to me! Added to the todo list.

• LoL i don't want this to be as bad as gmod

@Zephyr see if you can add an option to disable custom loading screens alike.