New Multigame Launcher

• Project Admin

0_1531081185622_952764c0-b073-4ef6-b642-da4537d964fe-image.png

Hello everyone, I've been trying to get this out for months now, I think it's finally ready and my self confidence is ready to be killed. πŸ™ƒ

The current launcher/updater (known as PU) is known to be a bit temperamental and can throw out some mean looking errors, we've decided to completely rewrite the launcher as a multigame (since we now have T6 too πŸ‘€). You can safely delete PU.exe from your game folders.

Now not only an updater / launcher, but also a community hub of sorts, featuring news and a view on your friends activity (coming soonβ„’)

Please, please, please remember that this is fresh software that hasn't been extensively tested, and please report bugs and errors in the Bug Reports section.

But first, a warning:

Since the T6 PU was rushed out, it is unable to update itself without cheap tricks. The new launcher comes in a click-once setup, meaning once you run the setup, it'll install quietly and open the launcher when ready, please do not run the setup multiple times, be patient, if you've waited too long, check that PlutoLauncher is in your process list.

Another one:

This release is a base release, there are a few things wrong with it that are planned to be changed in the near future, our new self-updating method helps with that since it only downloads the parts that have changed in the code, meaning the initial download will be roughly 10-15 MB, but the updates shouldn't go over 1MB unless they contain resources such as new images.

List of known issues / inconveniences:

• if running a T6 dedicated server, the play button will not return to playing state until either launcher is restarted or dedi is closed
    • download progress bar doesn't seem to refresh at a regular interval, on slow internet connections it will seem to freeze or jump to another position completely
    • launcher can't be minimized through the taskbar symbol
    • game files are getting verified every time one switches between tabs
    • T6 and IW5 news aren't separated, and only one news item is available at a time
    • news image isn't clearly clickable
    • offline mode is available from login but doesn't change anything game related, therefore will probably not work as expected

How to install:

• Run the setup
    • ???
    • Profit

How to set up your games:

• Click on the game tab you wish to install / play
    • Click on "Locate Game"
    • Find the root folder of the respective game
    • Launcher will attempt to detect game installation and will inform you if it's wrong
    • Launcher will validate game files and download them if necessary
    • Click Play

How to report a bug that does not come from our error logger:

If you encounter an error that does not specify that it's been sent to us, please do the following in a forum post:

@Xerxes said:

When the launcher crashes without any custom error message grab the crash reason from the Windows Event Viewer.

You are looking for something like this:

Faulting application name: PlutoLauncher.exe, version: 1.0.15.0, time stamp: 0x526e5342
    Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 10.0.11099.1000, time stamp: 0x56918c12
    Exception code: 0xe0434f4d
    Fault offset: 0x000c6418
    Faulting process id: 0x1d3c
    Faulting application start time: 0x01d170c325e8bdb2
    Faulting application path: C:\Users\Fred\AppData\Local\Plutonium\app-1015\PlutoLauncher.EXE
    Faulting module path: C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\KERNELBASE.dll
    Report Id: c4d94bd6-8515-419c-8efc-45e2a8e7d9b3
    Faulting package full name: 
    Faulting package-relative application ID:

To open the Event Viewer on any Windows version press Win+R and run eventvwr.msc.
    Then navigate to Windows Logs -> Application on the left site. Now search for the correct error log. (You can use the "Filter Current Log..." button to show error logs only in case there are too many events.

How to log out of the launcher or change game location:

It will become easier, but clear the requested item from Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Plutonium\Launcher

Download link:

https://cdn.plutonium.pw/launcher/releases/Setup.exe

Have fun!

• VIP

Looks good πŸ˜ŠπŸ˜‰

• VIP

Really Good Job, esp current version(1.1.3) seems stable. You better be enjoying your night ;)

• VIP

Good job man, dont be too hard to yourself btw :D

• @LeafyDev Please add offline save account support to play without internet

• @leafydev Will launch arguments be able to be set through the launcher eventually?

In case I have the wrong term, I mean commands you add to the end of the target in the shortcuts properties like "-noforcemaccel" (I find playing with mouse acceleration frustrating) or " -noforcemparms"

• Project Admin

@chopper said in New Multigame Launcher:

@leafydev Will launch arguments be able to be set through the launcher eventually?

In case I have the wrong term, I mean commands you add to the end of the target in the shortcuts properties like "-noforcemaccel" (I find playing with mouse acceleration frustrating) or " -noforcemparms"

if you run the launcher once and make sure everything is up to date (and you logged in with Remember Me enabled, which is on by default) you can then run the launcher with --game=t6 / --game=iw5 / --game=t6zm and then append your custom arguments to that and they'll be passed to the game and start automatically.

You may get a warning about unknown parameters, that is there for debugging and will be removed soon.

@miwoo said in New Multigame Launcher:

@LeafyDev Please add offline save account support to play without internet

Run the launcher with internet once, then you can run it with --game=t6 --offline, this will be made easier soon.

• @leafydev Thank you :) I'll set that up now then. I'm only using commands which prevent mouse acceleration by the way, just to clarify that there's no haxin going on

• @LeafyDev Thanks but this can't save the offline progression. This reset offline stats each time I launch offline :/

• Project Moderator

@miwoo This update wasn't to fix offline progression not being saved. That will be addressed in the future.

Edit: unless it did and i didnt notice

• VIP

@drgn He will likely make even a small announcement for that.

• Project Admin

If you're talking about BO2 stats progression, that's got nothing to do with the launcher

• The launcher looks amazing, not gonna lie. Kinda reminds me of Battle.net launcher imo. But in future, adding a logout option and an option to change the game directory will make it a complete Launcher. Things can only get better from here on out.

• Project Moderator

@ghostprotocolxl Good to hear positive stuff thanks I'm sure leaf will appreciate that. As for the features you mentioned, the launcher was released early and has a autoupdate feature, so all missing features and functionality will be automatically updated over time.

• Project Admin

@ghostprotocolxl yeah I know it's lacking some "required" features, I just got home after a week at my girlfriends place, I released it early to get feedback and bug fixes out asap, the features you've asked for are planned and will be integrated very soon!

• My malware protector said the file has a virus!

• VIP

Its a false positive, it doesnt have a virus

• Project Moderator