How does one make a custom camo?
I want to start making custom camos for my friends and the community, but don't know where to start.
Can anyone give me tips/help?
- Tool to export textures from the game files. (e.g. https://tom-crowley.co.uk/downloads/?id=15, this dumps whole .ipak files, there are other tools but i never used them so no idea how they work).
- Photoshop with nvidia or intel dds plugin (google it, again, might work with free image editing software and different plugins but this is what i use).
- kokole's iwi x dds fast converter to convert your modified textures back to bo2's .iwi format.
- Dump .ipak(s) to get textures in dds format
- Open texture in photoshop and modify it to your liking
- Export modified texture as dds
- Convert modified texture from dds to iwi (drop it onto the iwi x dds converter exe)
- Put .iwi file into t6r/data/images (create that folder structure if it doesn't exist in your bo2 folder)