How to move the mods folder to another drive

Topic created · 1 Posts · 326 Views
  • This tutorial will show how to move your mods folder to another drive and make Plutonium use this folder in order to save space on your main drive.
    I know there is a lot of text but it's actually really easy and quick. Just read it all and make sure you understand and you will be fine.

Step 0 ) Make sure your game is closed to avoid any conflict

Step 1 ) Create a folder named mods anywhere you want on the drive you want to store mods on. For this example I will put my mods folder in a WAW folder which is inside a Modding folder on my D drive but again yours can be anything as long as the folder you will use is named mods

Step 2 ) If you already have mods installed on Plutonium T4: press Windows + R, paste this: %localappdata%/Plutonium\storage\t4\mods and press Enter. Cut and paste (not copy and paste) everything inside here in your newly created mods folder. So for my example it will be in D:\Modding\WAW\mods
    When the transfer is done delete the Plutonium mods folder (the one in %localappdata%/Plutonium\storage\t4\mods)

Step 3 ) If you already have mods installed on Steam: same instructions than for Plutonium T4 but this time replace the path with %localappdata%/Activision\CoDWaW\mods

1.gif

Step 4 ) Open the Command Prompt as an administrator. Open the Windows search bar and type cmd. To open it as an administrator press CTRL+SHIFT+Enter or right click > Run as administrator

Step 5 ) Copy this in a notepad or in your browser url to edit it first: mklink /J "" ""

Step 6 ) The first parameter should be your Plutonium mods folder path. So for my example this will be C:\Users\Resxt\AppData\Local\Plutonium\storage\t4\mods. Even if the mods folder doesn't exist anymore you have to put mods at the end else your game won't detect the mods! This will create a mods folder automatically so don't worry about this.

Step 7 ) The second parameter is the path of your newly created mods folder, the one on your other drive so for my example this will be D:\Modding\WAW\mods.
    The final result should be something like this: mklink /J "C:\Users\Resxt\AppData\Local\Plutonium\storage\t4\mods" "D:\Modding\WAW\mods"

2.gif

Step 8 ) Copy the final result in the command prompt you opened and right click to paste it then press Enter. If everything is working the command prompt should write Junction created