WAW: Friends can't get into the game where I'm a Host
I followed all the instructions to play COD WAW Zombies with friends:
- All legitimate copies of Steam.
- UPnP enabled on all.
- Ports required for the game enabled.
- I create a game as a host (one of the 4 standard maps in the game, no MOD).
- All friends appearing correctly as "online".
- I start the game via the "xpartygo" command without any problems, a few seconds later my friends can see my private match just fine ....
- ... then they double-click on my name in the list and NOTHING HAPPENS. Absolutely nothing, no windows, no error messages ... nothing. They simply just can't get into my zombie match already underway. I - the host - am the only player in the match. We all switched positions, another friend being the Host: same result, the others are not able to enter the created game. I - the host - am the only player in the match.
Before someone ask: yes, we all switched positions, another friend being the Host: the same result, the others are not able to enter the created match.
I need to ask: only me (and my friends) are facing this problem? I don't know what else to try.
I appreciate the initiative of the Plutonium team but - without disrespect or offense - I can't understand how everything has to be so damn difficult and unfriendly to the player.
Any help will be most welcome.
Have you tried the port forwarding option?
Sometimes UPNP can be quite garbage, depending on your router(s).
When you port forward make sure to also open the port inside the host's Windows Firewall Guide here - Port:
@Chase Like I said, already done that, but thanks for the reply.
The problem is: when one player create and host a match, the others cannot enter. The 'private match' (or something like that) message appears in the list, but double clicking the host's name does absolutely nothing.
Show me screenshots of your firewall rules, and port forwarding rules.
i have the same problem
Locking this to prevent further necroposting.