[Support] Problem handling DVARS. !Help

Topic created · 6 Posts · 71 Views
  • I'm trying to get the player's primary weapon, looking in a guide I found something like this:

Primaryname = self.PrimaryWeapon;

I tried this too but it doesn't seem to work either

Primaryname = self.primaryWeapon;

But, what it implements and doesn't seem to work, since I send it to print on one line and it doesn't print.

self iprintln ("Primary weapon on player is" + Primaryname);

Someone to guide me how to handle this please.

• That isn't a DVAR but just a variable (that you are making). If you wanted to grab the current weapon the player is holding, you can do something like this:

displayWeapon()
    {
        primaryWeapon = self getCurrentWeapon();

self iPrintln("You are currently holding: " + primaryWeapon);
    }

• @homura said in Problem handling DVARS. !Help:

getCurrentWeapon();

I understand, but I also understand that the function gets me the player's current weapon, but not the primary weapon. Because I can have the secondary weapon as my current weapon.

• That's all you can do then as far as I know. self.primaryWeapon works in IW4, I think, and I'm not sure how else you can get it in T6. I looked at the BO3 script docs and I couldn't find anything.

• @Kalitos said in Problem handling DVARS. !Help:

@homura said in Problem handling DVARS. !Help:

getCurrentWeapon();

I understand, but I also understand that the function gets me the player's current weapon, but not the primary weapon. Because I can have the secondary weapon as my current weapon.

@homura said in Problem handling DVARS. !Help:

That's all you can do then as far as I know. self.primaryWeapon works in IW4, I think, and I'm not sure how else you can get it in T6. I looked at the BO3 script docs and I couldn't find anything.

You can for example see if the weapon is found in level.primary_weapon_array.
    maps\mp\gametypes\_weapons.gsc has a function for checking it as well:

isprimaryweapon(weaponname)
    {
    	return isDefined(level.primary_weapon_array[weaponname]);
    }

Alternatively, <player> getloadoutitem(<loadout>, "primary") could be used.

• @Ox_
    That's perfect, I did not know about that. Thanks so much, Ox_!

@Kalitos I would suggest trying what Ox_ has posted.