Custom Games with Friends
This guide will teach you how to play with friends over the internet in a custom games match.
To add friends both people (you and your friend) need to do this:
- Go to https://forum.plutonium.pw/users and search for your friend
- Go to his profile and hit the green "plus" (+) button to follow him. If there is only a heart, that means that you are already following them, and can move on to the next step
Afterwards, the person who wants to host the private match needs to do the following:
- Open the game and open the serverlist (F10 or Home key)
- Go to the network tab and check if UPnP is enabled
If UPnP is Enabled:
- Set-up a custom game and type in
zombies_minplayers 3the console to set the minimum amount of players the game should wait for, obviously replace 3 with the amount of players.
- You have to actually start it; parties don't work.
- If the match does not start, you can force it to start by executing the command 'xpartygo' in the in-game console
- Your friend should now be able to join by double-clicking your name in the Friends List (between the Server Browser and Network tab)
If UPnP is Disabled:
- Go to Windows Settings -> Network & Internet
- Click your connection ("Livebox-D3C0_5GHz 2" in this case, it will likely differ for you)
- Set the Network Profile to Private
- Restart the game
If UPnP is still disabled or you can't connect despite it being enabled:
- Forward the port that is shown to you in the network tab in your router (4976 by default, tutorial: https://www.lifewire.com/how-to-port-forward-4163829)
- Set-up a custom game, if you are playing zombies type
zombies_minplayers 3into the console to set the minimum amount of players the game should wait for, obviously replace 3 with the amount of players.
- You have to actually start the match, parties don't work.
- Your friend will now be able to connect by opening the console and executing
youripbeing the IP address you see in the Network tab or on https://whatsmyip.com/)