Information about mxve
Best posts made by mxve
Plutonium Updater CLI
Stop uploading, start downloading
- Version checking
- File hash checking
- Automatic version backups/restoring
- last 3 versions
- Doesn't include custom content (scripts, usermaps..)
- Download the latest release
- MacOS (untested)
- Unpack archive
- Run it
- Preferably from a terminal so you can see the output and append the arguments listed below, if needed.
tar xfv plutonium-updater-x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu.tar.gz
- Make binary executable
chmod +x plutonium-updater
- Run it
- Run it
Windows update .bat
@echo off set installDir=C:\your_pluto_directory plutonium-updater.exe -d "%installDir%"
Linux update .sh
#!/bin/bash INSTALLDIR=/home/pluto/pluto_dir ./plutonium-updater.exe -d "$INSTALLDIR"
./plutonium-updater.exe -fd "pluto directory"
- Show available arguments
- Print plutonium-updater version
-d, --directory <path>
- Install directory, supports relative and absolute paths
- Default: "plutonium"
- Force file hash re-check even if version matches
- Download launcher assets.
- Hide file actions (Checked, Skipped, Downloaded)
- Hide all non-error output
- Compares local version to remote
- Exit code 0 for up to date
- Exit code 1 for outdated
- Compares local version to remote
- Disable colors
- Don't create backup
- Create/update backup of current version
- List available backups
- Restore backed up version
- 0 success
- 101 error (rust panic)
(Just fail on everything that differs from 0 if you are scripting it)
Its ridiculous how entitled you are
- updated layout
- added api endpoints
- get all servers
- get server by ip and port
- data you don't get from the pluto api
- player userslug (sanitized username to build forum profile url)
- display map name (for known maps)
- display hostname (removed color codes)
- display gametype
- server online & known
- online should be obvious
- known is currently the same as online but will in the future be used to differentiate between servers that are offline but have been cached and servers that are completely unknown
My preferred way is to have a separate plutonium directory (the one in %LocalAppData%\Plutonium, where you put your scripts) for every server.
- Create update.bat
@echo off set plutonium=C:\path\to\plutonium.exe set installDir=C:\unique\dir "%plutonium%" -install-dir "%installDir%" -update-only
- change plutonium var (C:\path\to\plutonium.exe) to the path of your plutonium.exe
- change installDir var (C:\unique\dir) to the directory you want for the servers plutonium files
- this has to be different for every server that should use different scripts
Update your start.bat
if you use the default start bat, there'll be a line like this
cd /D %LOCALAPPDATA%\Plutonium
change "%LOCALAPPDATA%\Plutonium" to the path you set for installDir
Put scripts on the new plutonium folder, or don't if you don't want any :^)
A different way is to modify your script(s) so they only load on servers with a specific port
You could use https://forum.plutonium.pw/topic/17548/linux-windows-server-updater to still keep getting updates.
It by default only checks file hashes when a new version has been released, and can also skips launcher files, although I'd recommend against skipping the launcher files.
You could do something like this, if you drop the latest .exe in to %localappdata%\Plutonium\bin
set plutopath=%localappdata%\Plutonium\ %plutopath%bin\plutonium-updater.exe -l -d %plutopath% start "" "%plutopath%bin\plutonium-launcher-win32.exe"
-l makes the updater check the launcher files, but only if a new plutonium revision has been released, I'd recommend keeping it so the launcher doesn't break if theres an update for it.
Plutonium isn't about playing for free, it's about adding features and enhancements to old games
BO3 already has most, if not all, things plutonium would be adding
A Plutonium client for BO3 wouldn't make it suddenly get more players
I think I would like to see bo1 or even aw more than bo3 because they are games that I have not played in 2 generations of consoles (ps3), I would like the plutonium team to support one of those 2, I personally loved it that plutonium gave me the opportunity to replay the great and nostalgic bo2
bo3 < bo1/aw
BO1 (T5) has already been announced. Theres no ETA, but it is being worked on.
Latest posts made by mxve
Now explain whats malicious about this.
I have some suggestions.
- H1 support when?
Currently not planned
- Any way you can have it select certain games to show up? e.g. show only IW5 and T5 servers and/or don't show Pluto Zombies servers?
You can make it show only a single game by using the links above the table:
Filtering for multiple games isn't really something I want to do, because I feel like it would make things too cluttered or harder to use.
@EternalllZM In that case it's usually a firewall problem or some other kind of routing/connectivity thing.
The server successfully connects to the plutonium master & authorizes with the provided key.
The way the ingame server list works is basically:
- Get server addresses from master
- Query all addresses for server info
- Show all server that were queried successfully
For your server it seems to fail on step 2, the client can't reach the server.
Thats at least as far as I know.
You are using a somewhat "complicated" hosting setup, is the server running on a system with a different ipv4 than the one it's routed through to the public? Does the online server list return the correct IP? If not, you could try setting it using +set net_ip 0.0.0.0.
Also Plutonium servers only use UDP (Not really fun fun fact: xlabs servers use UDP and TCP), of course opening the TCP ports won't make it stop working but just so you know.
bind F1 "connect 192.168.1.100"
Add it to plutonium.cfg