Bot Warfare Waypoints for Custom Maps?
@Tifosi-92 on his Github it says
"Create a pull request to have your waypoints included in the mod if you like,"
I don't have a GitHub account and don't want to create one, so I'll try attaching them as files with an .iwd extension here if anyone wants to use them (change the .iwd to .gsc upon downloading and they should work).
If you're reading this thread and don't know how to add custom waypoints (I had trouble figuring this out myself), a few things:
- In order to get custom maps to work, you need to put them in the "usermaps" folder located in "[your user name]/AppData/Local/Plutonium/storage/iw5/usermaps" or something similar (you’ll need to view hidden folders to get here).
- Once your custom maps are in there, you'll need to install Bot Warfare (follow the instructions); this will put a file called "z_svr_bots.iwd" or similar in the "storage/iw5" folder listed above.
- Open the z_svr_bots.iwd file using 7Zip or an equivalent archive editor and navigate through the archive until you find a folder a containing a bunch of map names (I think it's in "scripts" somewhere)
- Create a new folder here, inside the archive, with the file name of your custom map (for these waypoint sets, it will be either "mp_raid" or "mp_radiation_sh")
- Move the .gsc files (for these downloads, make sure you change them from .iwd to .gsc) into their corresponding directories in z_svr_bots.iwd; Bot Warfare will now load these waypoints when the map is loaded. Waypoints MUST be saved in here or else they will not work.
- If you’re making waypoints on your own, do not open/edit/save .gsc files from inside z_svr_bots.iwd using 7Zip, or the engine will not read them correctly
Load the game and play!
@Tifosi-92 Thanks bro
OK, so in playing some of the CoD4 maps, noticed the waypoints from CoD4X don't work in Killhouse, so I made some new waypoints for Killhouse (the bots may have an issue getting stuck in the corners; I tried to fix this but haven't tested it yet). I also tried to fix an issue with the bots getting stuck in the courtyard in Raid on my last waypoint set.
@Tifosi-92 The waypoints on CoD4 won't work for Killhouse on Pluto because it uses the CoD Online version which I would assume has different coordinates
I have a folder with waypoints that work for custom maps.
@Tifosi-92 do you have Summit done ?
can you edit game mod sabotage ? or mw1 game mod sabotage port to mw3 ??
@esiii no I can't and don't have time for this
@Resxt So who can I get help from? I really need
The problem with this mod is the number of rounds in mw3
Is it possible to port the mod? thanks